Audio encoding is almost entirely dependant on CPU speed, while video requires additional memory. This month’s system provides slightly better speed and more memory, so we expect across-the-board improvements.
Apple iTunes and Lame MP3 get similar benefits from this month’s higher CPU overclock.
DivX encoding times improved slightly, but we’re not sure why Xvid slowed down. Perhaps Xvid runs better under the former system’s 32-bit operating system?
Mainconcept gets a marginal performance increase from our far-more-expensive configuration.
- Because We Can...
- CPU And Cooler
- Motherboard And Memory
- Graphics And Storage
- Audio And Optical
- Case And Power
- Accessories And Installation
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: First-Person Shooters
- Benchmark Results: Real-Time Strategy
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Synthetic
- Power Consumption