Xotic PC promised us better gaming performance at a lower price compared to its competition. We were the ones to specifically ask for the same CPU and SSD so we could focus on comparing AMD's and Nvidia's current-gen graphics modules. The crew at Xotic PC did (wisely) add a fourth memory module, however, and that change slightly boosts the performance of our encoding and productivity applications.
A huge speed-up in gaming performance will be partially reduced in our efficiency chart, since that measurement uses the average of all benchmarks and power tests.
Since the previous GeForce GTX 675M-equipped configuration set the performance mark that Xotic PC was hoping to beat, we also used it as the basis of our efficiency evaluation. An average performance gain of 11% combines with an average power savings of 6% to give Xotic PC an average efficiency increase of 17%
Priced nearly 8% less than its competition, the NP9150 also generates a huge 21% value lead.
- Can Xotic PC Provide More Value?
- AMD's Radeon HD 7970M, Exposed
- System And Benchmark Configurations
- Benchmark Results: Battlefield 3 And Metro 2033
- Benchmark Results: DiRT3, StarCraft II, And Skyrim
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Power Consumption And Battery Life
- Average Performance, Efficiency, And Value
- Did AMD's Mobile Graphics Lead Xotic PC To Victory?
- Update: Taking AMD To Task On Enduro