The Silencer Mk III is the first time the Silencer series will offer a modular design (not full modular though). The Mk III uses a single +12V rail with 100 percent Japanese 105°C capacitors. Mk III offers continuous output at a demanding 50°C ambient temperature, while maintaining 80 Plus Bronze-level efficiency up to 85 percent at typical loads. (A review of the Silencer Mk III can be found at HardwareHeaven.com, which they rated the Mk III a 9/10.)
The Silencer Mk III Series is available in 400W, 500W, and 600W models, and comes backed with a leading five year warranty. The Silencer Mk III Series features:
- 400W to 600W Continuous @ 50C
- Available in 400W, 500W, and 600W Configurations
- Dual-GPU Ready
- 80-Plus Bronze Certified (85% Efficiency); .98 Active PFC
- 120mm double ball-bearing fan
- Up to 90% (10dB) Less Noise per Watt
- +12VDC @54A (Powerful Single Rail)
- Premium Components with 100% Japanese 105°C Capacitors
- Modular Cabling Design
- Automatic Fan Speed Control Circuit
- 5-Year Warranty and Tech Support
"This is the first modular PC Power PSU and we spent extra time and resources to make sure we got it right by combining a highly efficient core with Japanese capacitors, a whisper quiet 120mm fan, and the flexibility of modular cabling, all to create the best Silencer yet, and we are releasing this exciting new series in a range of models up to 600W and pricing them competitively, making the Silencer MKIII PSU’s the ideal blend of performance, features, and overall value for customers," said Steve Lee, Senior Vice President of Power Management at OCZ Technology Group.
Read more on the PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III at its product page.