Corsair has launched two interesting SSD related products: the SSD & Hard Drive Cloning Kit and the Corsair SSD Toolbox. The former item is intended for users upgrading from mechanical hard drives to SSDs and includes Corsair’s data migration software and a USB-to-SATA cable that offers transfer rates of up to 180 MB/s over USB 3.0.
The SSD Toolbox is advertised as helping “Corsair SSD owners to install, configure, optimize, and monitor the health of their drives.” Specifically, the software offers the following features:
- Drive Information: Displays the model, size, firmware, serial number, and updates the SSD’s firmware
- Over-Provisioning: Allows allocation of SSD space to enhance endurance and performance
- SMART Status: Displays Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology status of drives
- Secure Wipe: Securely erases data with drives Optimizer; allows scheduling of TRIM command to optimize SSD performance
- Clone: Copies entire contents of one drive to another (coming in a future update)
The Corsair SSD Toolbox is available as a free download for Windows systems. The SSD & Hard Drive Cloning Kit is currently available from Corsair’s Webstore (opens in new tab) for $24.99 with a three-year manufacturer's warranty.