On Thursday Sega and Gearbox seemingly sealed the impending release of Aliens: Colonial Marines by disclosing pre-order and Collector's Edition details. The game is currently slated for a February 12, 2013 worldwide release, and will offer "a multitude of unique and exclusive content from the Aliens universe" including four playable characters from James Cameron's 1986 blockbuster movie.
The pre-order, which starts today, is a GameStop exclusive in North America. In return for thowing down money for the highly-anticipated shooter, players will receive a competitive multiplayer pack containing the four movie characters: Private Hudson, Corporal Hicks, Private Drake and Sergeant Apone. The content will also provide additional marines character customization options, and Ripley's awesome flamethrower.
As for the Aliens: Colonial Marines Collector's Edition bundle, it will cost $99.99 USD and come packed with the following list of goodies:
* High Quality Resin Powerloader Figurine in Limited Edition Xeno Hive Box
* Four Playable Movie Characters
- Players will be able to fight for their squad’s survival and confront hordes of enemies as the original ALIENS film icons Private Hudson, Corporal Hicks, Private Drake and Sergeant Apone.
* Additional Marines Character Customization Options
* Ripley’s Flamethrower
* Exclusive Multiplayer Weapons
- Sonic Electronic Ball Breakers
- Phase Plasma Rifle
* Exclusive Game Level
* USCM Academy Firing Range
* USCM Dossier
- Mission Brief
- USS Sephora Schematic
- Recruitment Card
- LV-426 Recon Photo
- USCM Iron-on Badges
- USCM Graduation Certificate
Aliens: Colonial Marines will be available in stores across the globe on February 12, 2013 on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. A release date for the announced Wii U version will be revealed at a later time.
UPDATE: Bummer. Based on GameStop's website and Sega's press images, looks like PC gamers will be left out of the pre-order bonus and Collector's Edition loop after all. Let's hope that changes before February.