Razer's got a new toy and it's both righty and lefty friendly!
Razer has announced the release of the Razer Ouroboros, a gaming mouse with fully-customizable ergonomics to suit a range of hand sizes and grips whether you're left- or right-handed.
We first got wind of the Ouroboros a few months back but today Razer made things official with specs and a release date (sort of). The mouse is designed with the idea that no two people have the same sized hands and everyone grips a mouse differently. To that end, Razer's tea of ergonomic scientists and engineers designed a mouse with several adjustable aspects so you can adjust the mouse to match how you personally grip the device.
The Ouroboros boasts two interchangeable side panels for altering the footprint of the mouse to suit claw, palm or hybrid grip styles, and has an adjustable back tilt angle to ensure palm support. It also packs enhanced sensor technology is capable of up to 8200 dpi, and a dedicated, built-in dpi clutch trigger button for precision. The Ouroboros runs on a rechargeable AA battery and Razer claims you'll get a minimum of 12 hours of play on one charge. Check out the full specs below:
- Customizable ergonomics to fit all hand sizes and grip styles
- 8200 dpi 4G Dual Sensor System
- Gaming-grade wireless technology with dock
- Razer Synapse 2.0 enabled
- 11 programmable Hyperesponse buttons
- 1000 Hz Ultrapolling/1 ms response time
- Up to 200 in. per sec./50 g acceleration
- 2.1 m/7 ft. braided fiber cable
- Approximate Size : 116 mm to 136 mm/4.57 in. to 5.35 in. (length) x 71 mm/2.80 in. (width) x 42 mm/1.65 in. (height)
- Approximate Weight: 115 g/0.25 lbs. (without battery) to 135 g/0.29 lbs. (with battery)
- Battery life: Approx. 12 hrs. (continuous gaming)
The Razer Ouroboros will set you back $129.99, or €129.99 if you're in Europe. Sadly, Razer didn't provide UK pricing. The mouse is expected to arrive at the end of the year. Razer didn't provide specifics on that past 'Q4' so keep your eyes peeled from October onwards.