Maybe it’s the longer access time of the 7K1000.C that prevents the drive from getting better results in PCMark Vantage's application load test.
The overall score reflects all other results. The C generation is faster than the B drive, which itself is faster than the initial Deskstar 7K1000. We recommend checking the results that are most important for you, as each drive has strengths and weaknesses in individual PCMark tests.
- Less Platters, More Performance, Better Efficiency
- Deskstar 7K1000 (Five Platters, 2007)
- Deskstar 7K1000.B (Three Platters, 2008)
- Third Generation 7K1000.C (Two Platters, 2009)
- Test Setup And Throughput Comparison Diagram
- Benchmark Results: Access Time And I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: Throughput And Streaming
- Benchmark Results: PCMark Vantage Application Performance
- Benchmark Results: Power Consumption
- Benchmark Results: Efficiency And Noise Level
- Comparison Table And Conclusion