A look at the connections: In addition to DVI for analog and digital displays, the Mac mini also offers Firewire 400, USB 2.0, Ethernet network, modem, and audio ports. A TV-Out connector is available as a BTO option.
Wireless and optical: the trademark Apple mouse.
What we considered especially striking during our tests was the very low noise level the mini emitted during operation: much lower than that of rivaling mini-PC offerings. Once the internal cooling solution switches off, the Mac mini is virtually silent.
The hardware configuration should be sufficient for most users, be they private or business. A DVD and CD/RW burner combination (SuperDrive) using the slot-in loading mechanism is also available as a BTO option - a real rarity in the PC market.
- Mac Mini: Tiny, Quiet, Energy Efficient, With Lasting Value
- Mac Mini: Tiny, Quiet, Energy Efficient, With Lasting Value, Continued
- Prices Starting At $499
- Hardware Configuration: Sufficient For Everyday Use
- Hardware Configuration, Continued
- Opening The Mac Mini: Here's How
- Power Draw: 20 Watts Is A New Record - A Windows PC Needs About 160!
- Conclusion: A Worthwhile Investment - Exceptional Design, Simple To Use, Nearly Silent