Once again, AVG demonstrates some strange results. Between the Core i5 and Phenom II X4, there seems to be very little difference, overclocked or not. We have seen the AVG benchmark behave as though it cares only for the number of threads it can run in the past regardless of clock speed, and this result suggests more of the same.
WinRAR shows some major gains with the Intel CPU, but WinZip demonstrates only a modest performance increase.
- System Builder Marathon: $1,300 Enthusiast System
- CPU, Motherboard, And Case
- Video Cards And Power Supply
- Memory, Hard Drive, And Optical Drive
- Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Synthetic Benchmarks
- Application Benchmarks: Media Encoding
- Application Benchmarks: 2D And 3D Graphics
- Application Benchmarks: Productivity
- Game Benchmarks: First-Person Shooters
- Game Benchmarks: Real-Time Strategy And Flight Sim
- Game Benchmarks: Role-Playing Game
- Power And Temperature Benchmarks