Case: Xigmatek Asgard II B/S CPC-T45UE-U01
The Asgard II features steel construction with an aluminum front bezel and the black coated interior that many builders prefer.
A single 120 mm PWM exhaust fan comes installed, with room to add up to three additional coolers. Xigmatek addresses varying personal tastes by providing a choice of black, orange, or silver bezel highlights. Unfortunately, the clean all-black version was priced 33% higher at our time of purchase.
Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts EA-380D Green
Quiet and efficient, the trusty 380 W EarthWatts 380D Green offers the kind of value and reliability we seek from a PSU. A maximum combined +12 V rating of 28 A is more than sufficient for this system’s needs, while the single six-pin PCIe power connector feeds our Radeon HD 6850 graphics card without the use of a four-pin Molex adapter.
Optical Drive: Asus 24X DVD Burner Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS
At this budget, we look to spend as little as possible on a reliable SATA-based DVD burner. This time around we chose Asus' highly-regarded 24x DVD burner to satisfy the system’s optical storage needs.
- Entry-Level Sandy Bridge
- CPU And Cooler
- Motherboard And Memory
- Graphics Card And Hard Drive
- Case, Power Supply, And Optical Drive
- Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System Configuration And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And Just Cause 2
- Benchmark Results: F1 2010 And Metro 2033
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Power Consumption And Temperatures
- Performance Summary, Efficiency, And Conclusion