Just Cause 2 responds favorably to our new processor’s higher instructions-per-cycle throughput and higher overclocked frequency, but these improvements are only noticeable in the chart at low to medium resolutions. That is to say, they aren’t noticeable at all in actual game play, where you're most likely to be graphics-limited.
At even higher details, Just Cause 2 makes today’s performance gains look even smaller. We were really expecting more from the new graphics cards.
At its High preset, the S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Benchmark appears to show performance gains limited to CPU improvement.
Moving up to Call of Pripyat Benchmark’s Ultra preset and 4x AA, we finally see the full advantage of our new system’s graphics cards.
- Two Steps Forward
- CPU And CPU Cooler
- Motherboard And Graphics
- System Storage And Memory
- Secondary And Optical Storage
- Case And Power
- Assembly And GPU Overclocking
- CPU Overclocking
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Benchmark Results: Sandra 2011
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And F1 2010
- Benchmark Results: Just Cause 2 And S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Power, Heat, And Efficiency