Battlefield 3's single-player campaign is typically limited by graphics performance. The mini-ITX system's GeForce GTX 680 shines, though the Tahiti-based Radeon HD 7870 from last quarter's build also fares fine in our Medium and Ultra quality preset tests.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Unlike Battlefield, Skyrim tends to be limited by processor performance rather than the graphics card.
As such, the powerful GeForce GTX 680's influence is limited, and both systems share similar frame rates.
- Mini-ITX For The Enthusiast: Smaller Size, Bigger Budget
- CPU, Motherboard, And Cooler
- Video Card, Power Supply, And Case
- Memory, Hard Drives, And Optical Drive
- System Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Results: Synthetics
- Results: Media Encoding
- Results: Rendering And Productivity
- Results: Adobe Creative Suite
- Results: Compression Tools
- Results: Battlefield 3 And The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Results: F1 2012 And Far Cry 3
- Power And Temperature
- Smaller System, More Money, And Greater Performance