Just when we thought a game couldn’t get any more CPU-bound than the first game in our previous page, DiRT 2 takes the CPU-imposed limitation to a whole new level.
Even at its highest quality settings, 8x MSAA and 2560x1600, the CPU (rather than GPUs) are holding performance back. At least the game plays smoothly at that advanced setting.
Our Call of Pripyat benchmark is the first real-world-based test to show the true power of two GeForce GTX 480 graphics cards in SLI. Using the Ultra quality preset and 4x MSAA, the new AMD-based system beats its older Intel-based rival.
- The Quest For Six-Core Value
- CPU And Graphics
- Motherboard, CPU Cooling, And RAM
- Case And Power
- Component Installation
- Component Installation, Continued
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: Synthetic
- Benchmark Results: CoD: Modern Warfare 2 And Crysis
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2 And S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Power, Heat, And Efficiency