The first image rendering benchmark we'll have a look at is the Photoshop CS3 benchmark where 6 complex filters are applied to a large 96 MB TIFF.
The low-cost system finishes the benchmark in exactly 3 minutes. It will be interesting to see how quickly the mid-range and high-end systems perform the same task.
Next we examine 3d rendering speeds with 3dStudio MAX 9 and Cinema 4d.
We can say from personal experience that this result is almost 50% faster than the dual core E6750 performs on a test machine in the lab. It is known that 3dsMAX is multithread-optimized so having four CPU cores really helped the Phenom 9500 in this benchmark, and the quad-core Phenom really shines as the heart of a low-cost PC in applications such as 3dsMAX.
The low-cost system renders the scene in just over 3 minutes. Once again, we patiently wait for the mid-range and high-end results for comparison.
- CPU: AMD Socket Phenom Quad Core CPU
- Motherboard: Giga-byte GA-MA78GM-S2H Motherboard
- Memory, Hard Drive, And Case
- Power Supply, Optical Drive, And Video Card!
- Test System & Benchmarks
- Synthetic Benchmarks
- Application Benchmarks - Media Encoding
- Application Benchmarks - 2d And 3d Rendering
- Application Benchmarks - Productivity
- Game Benchmarks - First Person Shooters
- Game Benchmarks - First Person Shooters, Continued
- Game Benchmarks - Real-Time Strategy