4 KB Random Read
The Vertex 3 requires the most power under this load test. However, because the Vertex 4 delivers 15% less performance at 15% less power, the efficiency comparison is a wash in random reads.
4 KB Random Write
Samsung's 830 is clearly the least efficient drive here; it requires almost two times the power to do a fraction of the work. In comparison, the Vertex 4 stacks up pretty well. Performance and power consumption are similar to the Vertex 3. But when you fold incompressible performance into the equation, OCZ's newest SSD gains an upper hand.
- OCZ's Vertex 4 Replaces An Already-Fast Flagship
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- 4 KB Random Performance: RAW, Windows, And Mac
- 128 KB Sequential Performance: RAW, Windows, And Mac
- PCMark 7 And Idle Power Consumption
- Power Consumption: 4 KB Random (Windows 7/Mac OS X)
- Power Consumption: 128 KB Sequential (Windows 7/Mac OS X)
- Examining Steady State Performance (Worst-Case)
- Real World Performance: File Copy And Boot Times
- A Gamble Pays Off: Vertex 4 Looks Strong