Data Transfer Diagram
The new Raptor reaches a maximum transfer performance rate of more than 80 MB/s when the drive is empty; this is when the drive usually uses the outer area of the rotating platters where the absolute rotation speed is highest. The more capacity you utilize, the more the transfer rate is going to decrease; this is normal for all drives. The minimum transfer speed, however, is even more impressive than the maximum number. The Raptor-X does not fall below 55 MB/s, which some 7,200 RPM drives cannot even provide as a maximum.
- RAID Or Raptor?
- Would You Like A Fast Drive Or A Large Drive?
- How About A RAID Setup?
- Choose Raptor-X With Moon Roof
- ... Or The Staid WD1500AD
- WD1500AD/Raptor-X Technical Data
- Showdown Between 7,200 RPM RAID 0 And The Raptor-X
- Benchmark Results
- Average Access Time
- PCMark05 Windows XP Startup
- I/O Performance
- I/O Performance, Continued
- SYSmark 2004 SE Application Benchmark
- Conclusion: The Raptor-X Is Unrivaled