Intel Core i9-9900K Now Just $365, Near All-Time Low

Images of Intel CPU boxes.
(Image credit: Intel)

A pair of high-end Intel CPUs have hit low prices on Newegg today, competing with some of the best Prime Day deals. The Intel Core i9-9900K is down to $365, while the Core i7-10700KA is at $360. Both come with a copy of Marvel's Avengers included.

For each of those, you'll need a code. 2FTSTECH62 gets you $15 off of the $379.99 Core i9-9900K, while 2FTSTECH63 gets you $20 off the Core i7-10700KA at the same price.

The Intel Core i9-9900K's price is just $5 more than its lowest ever, which according to our research was $359 on September 28th of this year at Amazon. However, it's unclear whether that deal included the free game. The Core i7-10700KA appears to be at its lowest price ever by a full $20.

Intel Core i9-9900K with Marvel's Avengers: was $399.99, now $364.99 

Intel Core i9-9900K with Marvel's Avengers: was $399.99, now $364.99 

With code 2FTSTECH62, this 8-core, 16-thread CPU is one of the best you can get for Z390 motherboards.

Intel Core i7-10700KA with Marvel's Avengers:

Intel Core i7-10700KA with Marvel's Avengers: was $409.99, now $359.99

With code 2FTSTECH63, this 8-core, 16-thread CPU is great for gaming on Z490 platforms.

Which one is better for you depends on your motherboards. Both have 8 CPU cores and 16 threads, but the Core i9-9900K is a top end chip supported on Z390 boards, while the Core i7-10700KA needs a newer Z490 mobo. The 10700K is slightly faster, though you could likely meet its speeds on the 9900K with a bit of overclocking. 

Andrew E. Freedman is a senior editor at Tom's Hardware focusing on laptops, desktops and gaming. He also keeps up with the latest news. A lover of all things gaming and tech, his previous work has shown up in Tom's Guide, Laptop Mag, Kotaku, PCMag and Complex, among others. Follow him on Threads @FreedmanAE and Mastodon

  • NightHawkRMX
    9900k for that price wouldn't be my pick.

    The 10700ka on the other hand is newer, a bit faster, runs much cooler, is cheaper in this case, and is on a much more modern platform.

    9900k does have the advantage of cheaper motherboards. Z390 can be had for as little as $100 anymore, whereas Z490 start at like $150. Honestly, I wouldn't use the cheapest Z series available for either chip due to high power draw for both chips.

    The 10700ka isn't a half bad deal. Its what, $50 more than a 3700x and for games it is 15% faster ish, and can overclock nicely.

    However, I still don't see a use for the 10700k in general. The cheaper 3700x being way better for productivity, so it shouldn't be bought for productivity. It shouldn't be bought for strictly gaming either since the much cheaper i5 10600k is nearly identical in games when overclocked.
  • nogaard777
    Just tried the ka code and it doesn't work. I'm still looking at the 10700k as my machine is 95% only pushed hard while gaming. The other 5% being comp/decomp. I'm not rendering video or compiling code. Just web stuff outside of gaming. Putting up with a 10% slower machine for 95% of the time to be 30% faster for 5% of the time is stupid. I want the 8 cores since the next consoles will be 8 core and the majority of games are console based so I don't see the extra $100 as a horrible investment for the little insurance.

    I considered Zen3 if/when it's actually widely available but don't want to deal with the "need a previous Ryzen to update bios to support it" BS. I don't have a Ryzen and I know absolutely no one else that does. Even Linus from LTT ran into this problem when he was building a system at home and had to run to work to get a CPU to update bios. What happened to the old motherboards that would go into a limping safe mode when it didn't recognize the CPU?