Here are your favorite products of 2013!
Over the last few weeks, we’ve been taking a look back at some of our favorite products of 2013. As we prepare for what we hope will be another great year for hardware, we asked you, our readers, to pick your favorite products from these past 12 months.
Our list included over forty products that we had reviewed during the year. We asked you to vote on your top picks for our Reader’s Choice Awards. With the votes tallied, we found that the list doesn’t actually sway too heavily towards one category. Our top five is comprised of two SSDs, two graphics cards, and one motherboard. The top ten includes the aforementioned as well as a browser, some memory, a monitor, a mouse, and another GPU.
The product that came out on top with the most votes was the Samsung 840 EVO SSD, which was awarded our Smart Buy seal in June. In second place was AMD's Radeon R9 290X, which garnered our Tom’s Hardware Elite seal just a couple of months ago. Nvidia’s GeForce GTX 770 came in third. It too has the Tom’s Hardware Smart Buy seal from our review back in May. Rounding out the top five is Asus’ Maximus VI Formula motherboard (Tom’s Hardware Elite) and Crucial’s 256 GB m4 mSATA SSD (Tom's Hardware Elite).
Check out the full top 10 Tom's Hardware Reader's Choice Awards 2013 below:
- Storage/Memory - Samsung EVO SSD (Smart Buy)
- Graphics - AMD Radeon R9 290X (Tom’s Hardware Elite)
- Graphics - Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 (Smart Buy)
- Motherboards - Asus Maximus VI Formula (Tom’s Hardware Elite)
- Storage/Memory - Crucial 256 GB m4 SATA (Tom’s Hardware Elite)
- Web browsers, eBook Readers, WiFi - Google Chrome (Approved)
- Storage/Memory - G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3-1866 CAS 10 (Smart Buy)
- Monitors - Asus VG248QE (Smart Buy)
- Keyboard/Mice/Cases - Logitech G9x (Approved)
- Graphics - AMD Radeon R9 280X (Smart Buy)
A huge thanks to everyone who voted. Of course, a big part of our Reader’s Choice Awards was the sweepstakes, which you were automatically entered into when you voted (provided you don’t live outside the United States or in Rhode Island). We’ll announce the winners of the sweepstakes very shortly so stay tuned!