Seagate does excellently in the File Write Performance test of PCMark05, where it is our new throughput champion.
Windows XP start-up requires a lot of head movement. Access time and I/O performance are important, paving the way to Western Digital’s RE3 lead.
Drive Surface Temperature
Surface temperature is within the expected range for 3.5” 7,200 RPM hard drives.
Drive Idle Power
Idle power is not at the low level promised by Seagate.
- Seagate’s Carnivorous Fish is Back
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.11, ST31500341AS (1.5 GB)
- Western Digital RE3, WD1002FBYS (1 TB)
- Comparison Table And Test Setup
- Transfer Rates And Diagrams
- Access Time And I/O Performance
- Application Performance, Temperature, Idle Power
- Workstation Performance per Watt
- Streaming Read Performance per Watt