Now that we've examined the graphics cards, what kind of CPU does this game require? Let's have a look at some quad-core numbers:
From this data, it looks like Aliens vs. Predator has a very low CPU load, with a lowly 2.0 GHz quad-core Phenom II X4 delivering the same performance as a 3 GHz Core i7. It does appear that the game favors AMD CPUs over Intel's Core i7 a little, which is a nice surprise for gamers with an AMD box.
Now let's test CPU core usage:
These are some very surprising results , and despite Aliens vs. Predator's great visuals, it seems there's very little threading going on in this game. Even at a mere 2.0 GHz, a single-core CPU can deliver a very playable minimum frame rate.
- Rebellion Gets A Forth Swing At AvP
- Image Quality: GeForce Vs. Radeon
- Image Quality: DirectX 11 Enhancements
- Image Quality: DirectX 11 Vs. DirectX 9
- Test System And Settings
- Benchmark Results: DirectX 9
- Benchmark Results: Texture Settings
- Benchmark Results: DirectX 11
- Benchmark Results: DirectX 11, 4x AA
- CPU Benchmarks