DiRT2 also shows the overclocked dual-card system in the lead for a handful of high-resolution victories. The things is, though, that the margins are so small that we can't really call is a solid victory. In both cases, you're getting solid performance for that $1000 budget, at least.
Because we were unable to get CrossFire to work with this title in the preceding SBM, these results show how a single Radeon HD 5830 card in the Phenom II system compares to the new machine’s GeForce GTX 470/Core i5-750 combo.
Actually, the Radeon holds up very well until 4x AA is applied. But once it is enabled, the GeForce walks away with a solid win.
- The Balanced System
- CPU, Motherboard, And Cooler
- Video Cards, Power Supply, And Case
- Memory, Hard Drive, And Optical Drive
- Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Benchmark Results: Media Encoding
- Benchmark Results: 2D And 3D Graphics
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And Call Of Duty
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2 And S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
- Power And Temperature Benchmarks