Idle power consumption decreases considerably just from the platform upgrade, while peak power doesn’t drop as much. If you recall the results from our prior full system upgrade, you'll realize that the new Radeon HD 5870 graphics card helps to save additional power, especially in idle.
Translated into efficiency results, this means that the 2010 system delivers roughly twice the performance per watt.
- Old Vs. New: Where To Spend Your Upgrade Dollars?
- Scenario 1: Motherboard/CPU/RAM
- Scenario 2: Graphics Upgrade
- Scenario 3: SSD Upgrade
- Test Systems And Benchmarks
- Scenario 1 Results: Synthetic Benchmarks
- Scenario 1 Results: Application Benchmarks
- Scenario 1 Results: Efficiency And Power Consumption
- Scenario 2 Results: PCMark Vantage
- Scenario 2 Results: 3DMark Vantage
- Scenario 2 Results: Games And Power Consumption
- Scenario 3 Results: PCMark Vantage
- Scenario 3 Results: SYSmark 2007 Results
- Scenario 3 Results: Startup, Shutdown