We got such excellent results from the liquid cooling system of our March System Builder Marathon that we decided to keep it. The basis for our kit is Swiftech’s H20-120 Compact liquid cooler, with CPU water block integrated high-flow pump and reservoir integrated 120mm radiator.
We added an even larger dual-fan radiator to further improve cooling capacity, along with some extra hose, hose barbs, and clamps.
Two fans were required for the radiator, and we chose the S-Flex SFF21E from Scythe for its low 20.1 decibel noise level and moderate 49 CFM airflow.
Installation was straightforward, but with so many components to manage we wrote an installation guide in March.
- Setting the High Mark?
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650
- Motherboard: Asus Striker II Extreme
- Graphics: Two Gigabyte GeForce 9800 GX2
- Memory: Patriot Extreme Performance PDC34G1333LLK
- Hard Drives: Two Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD753LJ
- Audio: Asus Xonar DX
- CPU Cooling: Swiftech Liquid Cooling Components
- Case: Silverstone Temjin TJ09-BW
- Power Supply: Cooler Master RS-850-EMBA
- Test System Configuration
- Benchmark Settings
- 3D Games: Crysis, Prey
- Supreme Commander, UT3, Warhammer
- Audio, Video
- Synthetics, Continued