Civilization V has two distinct areas where it can be tested: diplomacy and the map. The diplomatic view involves beautifully rendered versions of famous leaders like Alexander the Great and the Pharaoh Ramesses, while the map view involves representations of military forces on well-rendered terrain, using DirectX 11's tessellation features to help improve performance, rather than improving realism. We start with the leader benchmark, a test that does give us some comparative information about the products we're testing.
The results are so astronomical that any advantage here is entirely theoretical.
The GeForce cards perform well versus their Radeon counterparts, but all of the frame rates are quite high here.
- EVGA Overclocks The GeForce GTX 460
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark Vantage And Unigine Heaven
- Benchmark Results: Metro 2033 (DX11)
- Benchmark Results: Lost Planet 2 (DX11)
- Benchmark Results: Aliens Vs. Predator (DX11)
- Benchmark Results: Battlefield Bad Company 2 (DX11)
- Game Benchmarks: StarCraft 2 (DX9)
- Benchmark Results: Civilization 5 (DX11)
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2 (DX11)
- Benchmark Results: Just Cause 2 (DX11)
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2 With Anti-Aliasing
- Benchmark Results: Just Cause 2 With Anti-Aliasing
- Power Usage And Temperature Benchmarks
- Conclusion: EVGA GTX460 For The Win!