Sandra’s CPU tests are a great way to determine whether C-States are truly detrimental to CPU performance, since we're talking about very specific and targeted measurements.
As expected, C-States had no noticeable affect on Sandra’s CPU tests, and the new build’s LGA 1155-based CPU handily beats its LGA 1366 predecessor.
Improved overclocking capability adds to the Core i7-2600K’s lead, destroying the previously-adequate scores of its Core i7-950 rival.
Our new build loses in Sandra's memory bandwidth measurement, but remember that the former system employed a triple-channel configuration. We’re extremely happy with dual-channel bandwidth approaching that of the former-system’s 50% wider interface.
- Two Steps Forward
- CPU And CPU Cooler
- Motherboard And Graphics
- System Storage And Memory
- Secondary And Optical Storage
- Case And Power
- Assembly And GPU Overclocking
- CPU Overclocking
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Benchmark Results: Sandra 2011
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And F1 2010
- Benchmark Results: Just Cause 2 And S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Power, Heat, And Efficiency