High detail increases shadow resolution and clarity. The game also swaps in high-detail 3D props (like the cars) for low-detail versions of the same props when the object is farther away from the player's viewpoint when compared to the medium detail setting.
These results are so incredibly close to the medium-detail results on the previous page that we don't have anything new to say. The only conclusion we can offer is that there is no real justification to use the medium-detail settings, because the high-detail setting brings no tangible performance penalty.
Finally, we will add 4x anti-aliasing (AA) to the mix. If anything will separate the men from the boys, it's AA.
- Image Quality Settings
- Image Quality: Radeon Versus GeForce
- Test System And Benchmark Settings
- Benchmark Results: Low Detail
- Benchmark Results: Medium Detail
- Benchmark Results: High Detail
- Benchmark Results: High Detail With 4x Anti-Aliasing
- CPU Benchmarks: Clock Speeds And Cores