Earlier we informed you that AMD released its HD 7990 part and was among the first five manufacturers to release their cards. Now, three more manufacturers have joined in the speed race, among which are Gigabyte, HIS and XFX.
They all feature two 28 nm Tahiti chips that are based on the GCN architecture, running at a base clock speed of 950 MHz with a boost speed of 1,000 MHz. In total, the cards each have 4096 stream processors, 256 Texture Mapping Units (TMUs), and 64 Render Output Units (ROPs). Each of the GPUs has 3 GB of GDDR5 memory dedicated to it, bringing the total memory on the 7990's PCBs to 6 GB. The memory runs at 6 GHz, which goes over a 384-bit memory interface.
All of the cards also come with the following eight games bundled:
- Tomb Raider (Crystal Dynamics/Square Enix)
- Hitman: Absolution (IO Interactive/Square Enix)
- Sleeping Dogs (Square Enix)
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Eidos/Square Enix)
- Crysis 3 (Crytek/EA)
- Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
- Far Cry: Blood Dragon (Ubisoft)
- BioShock Infinite (Irrational Games/2K)
Again, all of these cards are exact rollouts of the reference specifications. Hopefully, it won't be a long wait for custom cards to come out.