That's a bold statement, considering the strength that Microsoft has right now in the technology sector. The huge majority of the world's computers run on some kind of Windows, and much of the world's businesses rely on some kind of Microsoft productivity software.
That, however, is just in the realm of desktop computing. Businesses may still be in Microsoft's hands, but what about consumers?
In contrast, Apple has incredible strength with consumers, but doesn’t have a hold on businesses. Consumers are snatching up the iPhone and iPad to go along with their iPods, but businesses aren't running Mac OS X.
Even though Microsoft has done well with the Xbox, the Zune failed to take off, and now Windows Phone 7 has a battle ahead of it against the iPhone and Android.
Check out CNN's opinion here, and let us know if you agree or disagree!
1) No web browser or the ability to play most media files on the xbox360?
2) Didnt bother to come out with a touchscreen OS for phones until 2 other options were fimrly established
3) They still use NTFS for a file system... holy crap.
4) Who owns a zune? oh wait why would you, your not allowed to do anything on it.
5) Windows 7/ excellent OS. Windows VISTA just another way to steal your money on something that just doesn't work. End result, people don't trust microsoft.
6) Hey microsoft, your web browser sucks... for the eighth time...
7) Why can't we just boot windows off of a flash drive again? Why did XP require a floppy disk for raid drivers?
I have more but... those are good enough for now.