Summer 2016 PC Game Release Preview

About the author
Rexly Peñaflorida

Rexly Peñaflorida II is a Contributing Writer for Tom's Hardware US. He covers hardware news, with a major focus on gaming.

Read more
This thread is closed for comments
20 comments
    Your comment
  • Potato13
    Witcher 3 Blood and Wine Expansion???
  • DataMeister
    Why do all the screen shots of No Man's Sky seem to have a yellow tint like an old photograph with fading colors?
  • dstarr3
    Quote:
    Why do all the screen shots of No Man's Sky seem to have a yellow tint like an old photograph with fading colors?


    Because it's been stuck in development for a thousand years.
  • Martell1977
    I'm going to wait to hear how long the single player portion of the new Doom is before buying. I'm sick of paying $60 for a game that has a short campaign...I'm not interested in multiplayer on these game...Too twitchy.
  • dstarr3
    421295 said:
    I'm going to wait to hear how long the single player portion of the new Doom is before buying. I'm sick of paying $60 for a game that has a short campaign...I'm not interested in multiplayer on these game...Too twitchy.


    There's a thousand and one reasons why it's a great idea to wait a year before buying any game these days.
  • Albert Rampo
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Why do all the screen shots of No Man's Sky seem to have a yellow tint like an old photograph with fading colors?
    Because it's been stuck in development for a thousand years.

    Nice!
  • HideOut
    And yet the WoW expansion isnt mentioned? I realize its no longer 13m players but its probably 5m+. Still a huge xpac.
  • Sakkura
    Stellaris is looking absolutely AWESOME if you're into some serious strategy but maybe like a more traditional, simpler 4X start. Paradox is also releasing Hearts of Iron 4 in June though, if you just want to conquer the Soviet Union.

    Total War is probably going to be the usual recycled, shallow garbage they've been peddling since the first Rome. At least a new coat of paint may alleviate the boredom.
  • mrb 59
    Didn't see Obduction from Cyan Studios (makers of Myst) due out in June. If it's as good or better then Myst or Riven (for it's time), it should be great.
  • Larry Litmanen
    Quote:
    I'm going to wait to hear how long the single player portion of the new Doom is before buying. I'm sick of paying $60 for a game that has a short campaign...I'm not interested in multiplayer on these game...Too twitchy.


    I hear Quantum Break has a good campaign. Look single player is dead when it comes to shooters.............that's life.
  • Rooknoir
    LEGO STAR WARS: The Force Awakens - June 28th
  • Sakkura
    Hardcore strategy game, third most played on Steam, and top selling. GJ Stellaris. :bounce:
  • mortsmi7
    Quote:
    And yet the WoW expansion isnt mentioned? I realize its no longer 13m players but its probably 5m+. Still a huge xpac.

    Because they'd rather tell you about the latest FF14 update. At least they eventually mention WoW expansions. GW2 got an expansion 8 months ago and not a word was said.
  • JonnyDough
    Anything that isn't crapime? I mean, anime...
  • TweakGames
    Overwatch?
  • donlilli4
    Quote:
    421295 said:
    I'm going to wait to hear how long the single player portion of the new Doom is before buying. I'm sick of paying $60 for a game that has a short campaign...I'm not interested in multiplayer on these game...Too twitchy.
    There's a thousand and one reasons why it's a great idea to wait a year before buying any game these days.


    Yea, like the price dropping by 70%
  • Gabeph
    Wheres civilization IV
  • Sakkura
    2248941 said:
    Wheres civilization IV


    That was released in 2005.
  • Garlaen
    Quote:
    2248941 said:
    Wheres civilization IV
    That was released in 2005.

    He meant Civ VI
  • HaB1971
    So, looks like nothing to new to play this summer then...
Also for gaming
The Latest On Tom's Hardware