EncFS Setup Process
Make sure the FUSE kernel module is loaded (modprobe fuse) prior to invoking the command-line utility. EncFS also trivializes the process of establishing a cryptographic container, as described in the screenshot below.
A basic run-through with the EncFS implementation setup.
LUKS Setup Process
Disregarding the key setup process (which will be specific to each situation), LUKS configures easily as summarized in the following steps:
- Formatting the block device as a LUKS volume
- Opening the LUKS device (making it available to the system)
- Formatting and opening a block device as LUKS.
- Formatting the mount-point (making it available to the user)
- Formatting the mount-point for storage purposes.