Test Setup And Methods
|AMD Athlon 1700 XP
|256 MB PC2100
|IBM 120 GXP
|Teac CD540E, Plextor 40X
|ATI Radeon 64 MB DDR
|Drivers & Software
|Windows XP Pro
|Benchmarks & Measurements
|- Nero Burning Rom 22.214.171.124- Clone CD 126.96.36.199- InCD
|- Nero CD Speed- DAE Speed 99- CDR Diagnostics
The CRW-F1 was tested by the most complete and exact methods possible. The tests we ran were as follows:
- Time taken to burn for 700 MB. The operation was effected from hard disk to three 80-minute Fujitsu CD-Rs. The software used was Nero Burning Rom 188.8.131.52.
- Time taken for a CD-to-CD copy on two identical CD-Rs.
- DAO-RAW copy test with Clone CD software.
- Analysis of a CD-R burned at maximum speed using CD-R Diagnostics.
- Burning of CD-Rs of different makes to test compatibility.
- Assessment of performance in reading and digital audio extraction using DAE Speed 99 and CD Speed 99 software.
- Estimate of speed in CD-RW mode.
- Overburn test.
Current page: Test Setup And MethodsPrev Page New Generation Audio Master Quality Next Page Burn Time And Compatibility
Stay on the Cutting Edge
Join the experts who read Tom's Hardware for the inside track on enthusiast PC tech news — and have for over 25 years. We'll send breaking news and in-depth reviews of CPUs, GPUs, AI, maker hardware and more straight to your inbox.