Armed with two Piledriver modules, the Trinity-based A10 and A8 place first and second, respectively. A pair of Llano-based APUs takes third and fourth place, while Core i3-2100 finishes in fifth.
Same story in HandBrake.
We really liked the per-core performance improvements seen moving from Llano to Trinity. With Core i3-2100 folded into the mix, though, we’re reminded that Sandy Bridge is very effective in single-threaded apps. Ivy Bridge is even faster. So, when i3s start trickling out based on that architecture, charts like this one will favor Intel more heavily.
- Following Up With More Test Data
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Sandra 2012
- Benchmark Results: Adobe CS5 And 6
- Benchmark Results: Content Creation
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Media Encoding
- Benchmark Results: File Compression
- Batman: Arkham City
- World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Diablo III
- If Trinity Showed Up Today...