Synthetic & Encryption Benchmarks
The two CPU tests of Sandra 2009 show some benefits with faster clock speeds and timings, but the difference is really tiny.
Encryption using 256-bit AES doesn’t benefit much from faster memory either.
The same applies to SHA 256-bit encryption: there is not a big performance increase.
The memory bandwidth benchmark shows the true benefit in RAM speed, although it doesn’t have an effect on real software anywhere near the difference in throughput.
PCMark does not perform a memory throughput test like Sandra, but it still shows more performance differences than all of the following, real-life tests.
- Which RAM Speed Is Best For Core i7?
- Core i7, Platform, And Memory Details
- RAM Speeds And Timings In Detail
- Test Setup
- Benchmark Results: Synthetic, Encryption Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Audio/Video Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: 3D & Game Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Application Benchmarks
- Normalized Results: Synthetic, Video, Game Benchmarks
- Normalized Results: Application Benchmarks