Gigabyte’s higher GPU overclock is worth a little more performance compared to MSI’s higher-frequency graphics RAM, as both cards continue a noteworthy lead over competitors.
This is the second game where the reference card’s added memory fails to provide any performance benefit at our highest test settings. Though the overclocked cards lead the pack slightly, all solutions play smoothly.
That's actually good news for the folks looking to save some money. As we mentioned earlier on, the Cayman GPU runs out of steam before demanding settings max out 1 GB of memory.
- Radeon HD 6950 1 GB: But It Has Less Memory!
- Gigabyte GV-R695OC-1GD
- HIS IceQ X HD 6950 1 GB
- MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III 1GD5 Power Edition/OC
- Sapphire HD 6950 1 GB GDDR5 PCIE
- XFX HD-695X-ZDFC
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Aliens Vs. Predator
- Benchmark Results: F1 2010
- Benchmark Results: H.A.W.X. 2
- Benchmark Results: Just Cause 2
- Benchmark Results: Lost Planet 2
- Benchmark Results: Metro 2033
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark 11
- Average Performance Analysis
- Power, Heat, And Noise
- Efficiency And Performance Value
- Which Radeon HD 6950 1 GB Should You Buy?