Want a new gaming rig to blow the competition away in Modern Warfare 2 or to destroy all zombies in Left 4 Dead 2? Then you might want a fresh new gaming PC.
Ballistic Gaming PC, a new player in the custom PC market space, is officially opening its doors later this week on Wednesday, November 25, 2009. (Update: launch day has been pushed back until November 30, but you can still win this rig all the same!) As part of its launch, Ballistic has partnered with Tom's Hardware's to giveaway one of its premier gaming PCs.
Who is Ballistic Gaming PC, you ask? You may not have heard of the company yet, but you may have seen its work under a different brand. Ballistic got its start 10-years ago building gaming and high-performance computers for other companies as a contract manufacturer, and are now making the jump for business-to-business to business-to-consumer.
We always like to see a new and fresh face in the boutique gaming PC market, especially since PC gaming needs all the support it can get these days, but Ballistic wants to set itself apart from the competition by delivering both high-quality and lowest prices.
Ballistic stressed that it wants to appeal to all consumers, including those who have less disposable income in this current economic climate. The PC maker also said that low prices doesn't mean cutting corners on parts.
"We refuse to carry sub-par components and hardware, it's useless and expensive to us in the final evaluation and annoying to the consumer who is entrusting us with the responsibility of ferreting out bunk products from their computer. We take that responsibility seriously," said Ballistic founder Paul Singh.
Just what type of hardware components does Ballistic use, you ask? Check out this fine example below:
- Chassis Model: Cooler Master CM Storm Scout
- Processor: Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz (Quad Core)
- Motherboard: EVGA X58 LE Edition SLI (Intel X58 Chipset) (Supports SLI or CrossFire)
- System Memory: 3GB DDR3 1333MHz Corsair Dominator DHX
- Power Supply: 750W Ballistic Certified (Dual SLI Compatible)
- Hard Drive 1: 500GB Western Digital (16MB Cache) (7200 RPM) (SATA)
- Optical Drive 1: DVD±R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 20x / CD-Writer 48x)
- High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
- Video Card(s): 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 1.792GB (Includes PhysX Technology)
- Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
- [Classified] Cooling: Asetek Liquid CPU Cooler (120mm Radiator)
- Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
- Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (Blue)
- [Classified] Overclock: Overclock the processor between 3.3GHz to 3.9GHz
- [Classified] GPU Overclock: Yes, Overclock the video card(s)
- CPU Boost: Stage 1: Overclock the processor between 3.3GHz to 3.9GHz
- Graphics Boost: Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
- Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit Edition)
- Restore Kit: Ballistic Specialized Recovery System (DVD Image Based)
- Warranty: 3 Year Platinum Care Extended Parts & Labor Warranty
Now Ballistic and Tom's Hardware are giving you a chance to take this home with you.
If you live in the USA and are over 18, click here to enter our contest. Good luck!