We expect the new build to take a hit in our power consumption benchmarks, even at idle, as a result of its two-card graphics subsystem, but it'll be most interesting to see how draw from the wall rises under heavy 3D loads.
Fortunately, even overclocked, this system ducks in under its output ceiling with a 650 W peak.
As you can see, Enermax's ETS-T40 does an admirable job keeping our Core i5 cool. The graphics cards, on the other hand, sit in close proximity to each other and generate warmer (though by no means troubling) thermal readings.
- Bring On The High-End Graphics
- CPU, Motherboard, And Cooler
- Video Cards, Power Supply, And Case
- Memory, Hard Drives, And Optical Drive
- System Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Results: Synthetics
- Results: Media Transcoding
- Results: Rendering And Productivity
- Results: Adobe Creative Suite
- Results: Compression Tools
- Results: Battlefield 3 And The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Results: F1 2012 And Far Cry 3
- Power And Temperature
- Two GeForce GTX 770s In SLI Are, Obviously, Fast