The GPU scores for both our GeForce GTX 580 and our Radeon HD 6970 are very similar. Somewhat strangely, though, when you dig into the individual games, you see the Radeon HD 6970 consistently losing a bit of performance, while the GeForce GTX 580 gains some.
I can’t think of any good reason a card would actually speed up in this situation, so perhaps the quality/performance slider’s default setting is sacrificing in one department to help the other. We won’t know the exact effect of that option until Lucidlogix gives us more detail, though.
- GPU Virtualization Enables Quick Sync And Discrete Graphics
- Virtualizing The GPU: How It Works
- Universal Software Or Application-Specific?
- Using Lucidlogix’s Virtu Software
- Test Setup, Benchmarks, And Video Transcoding
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark11
- Benchmark Results: Virtu In Action
- Benchmark Results: The Exceptions, Explained
- Benchmark Results: Power, Analyzed