LSI WarpDrive SLP-300 Unused
The freshly-sanitized WarpDrive delivers between 400 and 500 MB/s of write throughput as it works with non-compressible data.
LSI WarpDrive SLP-300 Used
However, write performance drops quite a bit once we repeat the test after hammering it with various heavy workloads. Now we see the write rate fluctuate when working with data that cannot be compressed.
In a worst-case scenario, we’re seeing only 230 MB/s throughput. The average is above 400 MB/s, though. LSI utilizes enterprise-class SandForce SF-1500 controllers, which rely on compression to achieve their best performance; this explains the variance.
- PCI Express-Powered Storage By Fusion-io, LSI, OCZ
- PCI Express Storage Concepts
- Fusion-io ioDrive (160/112 GB) And ioXtreme (80 GB)
- LSI WarpDrive Acceleration Card SLP-300 (300 GB)
- OCZ Ibis (240 GB)
- New AS SSD Benchmark
- Test Procedure And Access Time Results
- Benchmark Results: Database And File Server I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: Web Server And Workstation I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: 4 KB Random Reads/Writes
- Benchmark Results: AS SSD Copy Testing
- Benchmark Results: AS SSD Sequential Read/Write
- Benchmark Results: AS SSD Read/Write And Total Score
- Benchmark Results: PCMark Vantage
- Compression Test: Fusion-io ioDrive And ioXtreme
- Compression Test: LSI WarpDrive SLP-300
- Compression Test: OCZ Ibis