Interestingly, the enthusiasts and gamers are quite close to each other in the maximum power consumption in gaming tests, with the enthusiast even taking the lead slightly by using the best technology at the highest resolutions. The lower total power consumption in the end is because of the lower total usage time and greater proportion of time spent in multimedia applications and surfing.
Despite probably making more than the obsessive gamer, the enthusiast pays less than half in operational costs. The bottom line is that this is no cheap hobby, but this one is probably still relatively bearable.
- The Cost Of High-End Graphics: Truly Expensive Or Just Exaggerated?
- Initial Idea And Power Consumption Definition
- Explanation Of The Calculation Method
- Creating The Application Usage Profiles
- Measuring Specific Power Consumption Per Application
- Test System And Measured Applications
- Base Configuration And Tested Video Cards
- Maximum/Minimum Power Measurements
- Power Analysis: The Gamer
- Power Analysis: The Average User
- Power Analysis: The Enthusiast
- Power Analysis: Average Energy Consumption
- Conclusion And Summary