The built-in KVM solution is great for two reasons:
- Prevents blind remote restarts of the servers running on the compute modules, letting you catch errors during the boot process.
- No need to invest in a remotely accessible KVM solution.
Well thought-out chassis design:
- For a chassis system that is powering and cooling six individual servers, the MFSYS25 is not that loud.
- The efficient cooling infrastructure helps keep the CPUs from overheating.
- Great design for a small virtualization solution.
The built-in SAN provides flexibility in building RAID groups:
- The 14 SAS disk drives can be configured in RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 1E, 50 and 60.
Easy to manage thanks to the Web-based management console:
- System administration of the MFSYS25 and its many components is simplified thanks to Intel's Modular Server Control management interface.
Great option for a small virtualization solution:
- The shared LUN option (although it is not included in the price of the system) provides a great way to set up a cluster of VMware ESX servers, which in turn provides fail-over services and dynamic resource allocation for virtual machines.