With the same CPU and overclock, differences in 3DMark are narrowly constrained to graphics and memory performance. Let’s see how much more “bang” the Radeon HD 6970 upgrade gives us.
Big gains are limited to lower settings, but who uses lower settings with expensive cards? Perhaps this “upgrade” was ill-advised?
PCMark’s Productivity score improves slightly with the new hardware, but its drive tests favored the original build over the new one when overclocking.
A look at the scores of individual hard drive tests indicates that the actual performance difference is fairly small.
- Price Drops = More Graphics?
- Component Installation And GPU Overclocking
- CPU And DRAM Overclocking
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Benchmark Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And F1 2010
- Benchmark Results: Just Cause 2 And S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Power, Heat, And Efficiency
- Value Conclusion