The $2000 machine’s builder loves this most recent version of Adobe Photoshop simply because it puts his poorly-overclocked machine in a good light. The performance gain doesn’t justify the cost, but it’s still a win by the more expensive machine.
Meanwhile, the $500 PC continues its value push by performing nearly half as well at just over one-quarter the cost.
The overclocked $1000 machine catches its $2000 rival in WinZip, yet with peculiar 7-Zip results. The $500 machine's low price continues to offset its poorer performance.
ABBYY FineReader appears to benefit from the high-priced machine’s Hyper-Threading capability. Of course, part of that performance difference could be due to the machine’s faster SSD.
- Who Built The Best PC This Quarter?
- Test Setups And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Benchmark Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Benchmark Results: F1 2010
- Benchmark Results: Just Cause 2
- Benchmark Results: Metro 2033
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Power And Heat
- Average Performance And Efficiency
- Crowning A Value PC Winner