Sandra's Arithmetic module exhibits a very interesting performance scale which, if we applied it to our overall value analysis, would show the $1600 and $2400 machines offering nice value. I’m actually hoping for even more of an advantage in our real-world benchmarks to put me over the top.
There's a correlation between memory bandwidth and performance in the AES-NI-accelerated encryption test. The quad-channel controller can feed the host processor even more instructions once I overclock.
Don gave up after enabling XMP as his $1600 PC’s memory overclock. Paul turned XMP on as a baseline for his $800 machine, but wasn’t able to overclock beyond that. I picked memory I knew I could overclock, and was rewarded by an offensive 30% price hike a month later.
- Let The (System Builder) Games Begin
- Benchmark And Overclocking Configurations
- Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Results: Battlefield 4
- Results: Arma III
- Results: Grid 2
- Results: Far Cry 3
- Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Results: Adobe Creative Suite
- Results: Productivity
- Results: File Compression
- Power And Heat
- Overall Performance And Efficiency
- Who Wins The Value Comparison?