All right, enough of real world file copying. Let’s see what the esteemed IxChariot has to say.
Linksys and ZyXEL again stomp the 2.4 GHz yard, but this time around TRENDnet’s 671BR jumps out with a great location 1 result, even edging out the Asus N16 overall. Netgear’s WNDR3700 starts to push a little higher in the ranks here. Belkin’s N150 nudges aside the N1 Vision and tells the fancy pants router to go home and check itself in the mirror.
Over on the 5 GHz side, Netgear whips out a surprise win, making it the only router to break 100 Mb/s in IxChariot and even beating Linksys and Ruckus when averaged across all three locations. Still, check out that tight Ruckus grouping in the 58 to 68 Mb/s range. There’s a lot to be said for a router that will deliver good results everywhere rather than great results only when the conditions are exactly right.
- Router Reignition
- Asus RT-N13U And RT-N16
- Belkin N150 And N1 Vision
- D-Link DIR-685
- Linksys WRT610N
- Netgear WRN2000v2 And WNDR3700
- Ruckus Wireless 7811
- TP-Link WR741ND
- TRENDnet TEW-654TR And TEW-671BR
- ZyXEL X550N
- How We Tested
- Benchmark Results: 1GB Transfer, Many Files
- Benchmark Results: 1GB Transfer, Single File
- Benchmark Results: IxChariot Throughput
- Benchmark Results: IxChariot Response Time
- Benchmark Results: Zap TCP
- Benchmark Results: Zap UDP
- Benchmark Results: PerformanceTest TCP
- Benchmark Results: PerformanceTest UDP