Once again, we don't have comparison data for a number of these tests because we're adding performance data to our System Builder Marathon.
However, we already know that threaded apps like 3ds Max and FineReader are going to punish Intel's dual-core architecture compared to what we might have achieved with a cheap Trinity-based Athlon X4. The fact that we cannot overclock adds insult to injury.
- Squeezing More Bang From The Same Buck
- CPU And Cooler
- Motherboard And Memory
- Graphics Card And Hard Drive
- Case, Power Supply, And Optical Drive
- Assembling Our Budget-Oriented Box
- Limited Overclocking Strikes Again
- Test System Configuration And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Benchmark Results: Battlefield 3
- Benchmark Results: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Benchmark Results: F1 2012
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Power Consumption And Temperatures
- Is This Our Best $500 Gamer Ever?