The $800 machine’s secret-weapon beta driver doesn't help it in Battlefield 3 (already a title pretty well-optimized for), though my $1,000 machine’s higher memory data rate does appear to help performance a bit.
The cheapest PC wasn’t even tested at 2560x1600, yet its tiny Radeon HD 7850 performs impressively at Ultra quality details and 1920x1080.
- In Search Of The Best Possible Value
- Hardware, Software, And Overclock Settings
- Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Results: Battlefield 3
- Results: F1 2012
- Results: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Results: Far Cry 3
- Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Results: Adobe Creative Suite
- Results: Productivity
- Results: File Compression
- Power Consumption And Efficiency
- Where's The Value Sweet Spot?