Cyberlink is set to unveil version 8 of its PowerDVD player software. Most of the innovations center around playback of HD video in the form of Blu-ray and HD-DVDs. For example, a so-called Remix feature is expected that will let you play various titles in a different order. The new version also adds digital bookmarks that will allow switching scenes and dialogues as well as adding subtitles and pictures. In some forums, there were also discussions of a feature called MoovieLive with which movies that had been edited using the Remix feature can be published.
Does Version 8 of PowerDVD bring any real innovations?
Until now, Cyberlink was pretty much the only game in town when it came to software players for the PC, but the competition from Arcsoft and the TotalMediaTheatre do a few things better. At least users aren't patronized when it comes to playing video content from the hard drive. Thus, it remains to be seen whether the new version 8 of PowerDVD will really be a convincing offering.
Cyberlink is set up in Hall 21 at stand B40/1.
- Spring Greening And The Search For IT Professionals
- Green IT Products
- Cybershot C702 - Digital Camera With Geo-Tagging
- Microsoft - Windows Server 2008 And Visual Studio 2008
- Arctic Cooling Shows Off Accelero-Xtreme
- TeraStation Pro II Rackmount - Buffalo Enters A New Market
- TrekStor DataStation Maxi M.ub - Saving Private Data
- Gigabyte With Green IT - The Dynamic Energy Save Feature
- Asus - Improving The EPU Technology
- Trendnet - Affordable Wireless N-Standard Router
- MSI Geforce 9600 GT (N9600GT-T2D1G Und N9600GT-T2D-OC)
- HIS Radeon HD3870 X2 (H387X2F1GNP)
- ASUS G70 -The First Gaming Notebook With NVIDIA's SLI Technology
- Acer - Multimedia Notebooks With Sleek Gemstone Design
- SyncMaster 2263UW - Would You Like A Little Screen On The Side?
- Medion GoPal P4425 - Navigation Starts Up Faster
- Playback Software For The PC - Cyberlink PowerDVD 8
- Compact Video Camera With 1080p - Aiptek AHD Z500
- IBM - Big Blue Goes Green