Overclocking the $625 system provided a decent reduction in the time needed for iTunes to encode our 53 minute wave file to ACC. However, compared to last month, the time-reduction percentage pales in comparison.
In Lame, we see another comparable reduction in time spent encoding the same file to MP3.
Both the DivX and Xvid encoders complete the job much quicker on the overclocked system than at stock speeds, but we again don’t see anything close to the reduction we saw last month.
The E7300 manages to outpace the E5200 at stock speeds in Mainconcept and yields the 38% gain seen here when overclocked. However, this is still an application far better suited for more cores.
- More CPU, Please
- CPU And Cooler
- Motherboard And Memory
- Graphics Card And Hard Drive
- Case, Power Supply, And Optical Drive
- Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And Unreal Tournament 3
- Benchmark Results: World In Conflict And Supreme Commander
- Benchmark Results: Audio/Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Applications
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Power Consumption