Our Adobe Photoshop CS3 benchmark shows a similar dependence on CPU clock speed when compared to the encoding benchmarks, although you can see it’s slightly lower, about 31% in this case. This is because Photoshop is relying on parts of the system other than the CPU, such as the hard drive.
3ds Max 9 is a highly CPU-oriented benchmark. As expected, performance increases 36% with the overclock.
With the workstation-centric media encoding and production graphics benchmarks out of the way, let’s move on to productivity benchmarks that the average user will appreciate.
- System Builder Marathon: The Enthusiast's System
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
- Motherboard, Cooler, And Memory
- Hard Drive And Case
- Power Supply, Optical Drive, And Video Card
- Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Application Benchmarks: Media Encoding
- Application Benchmarks: 2D and 3D Rendering
- Application Benchmarks: Productivity
- Game Benchmarks: First-Person Shooters
- Game Benchmarks: Real-Time Strategy