With both systems sporting the same number of cores and underlying architecture, CPU frequency determines the winner of each test on this page. A Core i5-2500K in the Choice PC starts out slightly faster and overclocks much better, handing it four wins in a row.
HandBrake and MainConcept are well-threaded, and the overclocked $1300 PC’s altered four-core Turbo Boost mode helps it rise from modesty to mediocrity.
- The Ultimate Honor: A Top Reader Ranking
- The Honored List: Your Picks, Picked By Tom's
- Building Your Beast
- Tuning The Components By Overclocking
- Test Settings And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Benchmark Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Benchmark Results: Battlefield 3 And DiRT 3
- Benchmark Results: Skyrim And StarCraft II
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Paying The Price In Power And Efficiency
- So, Is The Customer Always Right?